Bend & Central Oregon > Special Events Sales and Operations Manager
The Special Events Sales and Operations Manager oversees the Branch and Field Operations for West Coast Event Productions in the Bend and Central Oregon market. This individual is responsible for driving Bend and Central Oregon-based sales, and executing operational processes that deliver, install and strike inventory for special events, including weddings, corporate events, and small to large sized tents utilized for a variety of special events and commercial applications.
This position is reports to the Director of Operations and Company President.
- Responsible for all office functions, sales/client interactions and day-to-day operations
- Sales Representative for the Bend branch
- Point of contact for all clients
- Follow up on requests made by phone, web site and walk-ins
- Creation and updating of all client contracts
- Follow up on emails
- Receive and process all payments
- Manage Accounts Receivable for Bend Branch
- Ensure deposits are made in a timely manner
- Attend all site evaluations/consults/mock-ups in Bend area, or coordinate with Portland staff, as appropriate
- Hire, lead and supervise Bend branch employees and manage the processes that pull, load and unload equipment for efficient and accurate delivery and inventory storage
- Assist with sets/strikes to help maintain labor costs and oversee events in progress. Efficient setup of events with specific attention to labor efficiency
- Establish, monitor and enforce timeliness for field crews
- Must be in the field for large events
- Manage inventory to support sales and minimize subrental costs and storage related damage
- Supervise staff and all operations to achieve safety and productivity goals and to adhere to all applicable laws
- Carry out the policies and directives of the Company
- Ensure event paperwork is complete and accurate
- Experience with driving up to 16 ft. box trucks or willing to learn how to drive a 26 ft. box truck. Schedule truck rentals, sub-rentals (including sub-rentals from Portland location).
- Promote and practice Safety in all aspects of event delivery and setup
- Be a role model for WCEP Values
- Flexible availability with a commitment to work evenings and weekends as the business requires.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Understanding of the organization and structure of the Company; possess technical familiarity with the events industry in terms of equipment, techniques, supplies, event management, and event sales; of safety practices and hazard identification. Knowledge of tenting installation, maintenance and purchasing a plus.
Event production; effective/efficient time management; customer communications techniques; solid computer skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A GREAT attitude, a strong level of ownership and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Friendly, collaborative, able to give and receive constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Keen interest and commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to lead with confidence, preparedness, diligence, and energy
- Proficiency in, or ability to learn, Point of Rental software (event management system)
- Proficiency in standard business software & technology (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Strong aptitude with math and basic accounting processes.
- Ability to operate quickly and independently
- Highly developed organizational and delegation skills
- Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
- High attention to detail
- Deep commitment to customer service and quality
- Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
- Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
- Team leadership
- Communication of duties and responsibilities to staff members
- Professional and frugal management of company resources
- Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
Work and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in Operations and/or Project Management with a successful track record.
- Small and large scale tenting experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field desired.
- Ability to travel to Corporate Headquarters for training and participation with event jobs in PDX as needed, including multiple times per week in peak seasons.
Job Type: Full-time