Event Design & Sales Consultant
We are looking for a hard-working, motivated, and detail-oriented individual to join our team.
Are you a creative? Do you strive for excellence in all things? Do you thrive in a team environment and find inspiration in the creative process? Do you have the mental stamina and fortitude to keep going for as long as it takes to complete the mission? If you can answer yes to all these questions, we would like to meet you!
Job Description: Responsible for selling, designing and executing overall look for high-end events including weddings, product launches, fashion shows, conferences, exhibitions, galas, corporate functions, festivals and more. Responsibilities include sales, design & décor planning and a development of creative decks, consulting and, in some instances project management, to ensure the successful setup and implementation of specialty events. Primary job responsibilities include: selling events and overseeing and directing all aspects of a scenic décor project including planning, production and design from conception, proposal creation and budgeting through project pre-production, installation and completion.
Requirements. Must be creative with a good eye for color. The ability to think outside the box and look at a venue as a blank canvas is a must, (i.e. must have the ability to create something out of nothing). Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is requisite to the job, as is also the need to be organized with high attention to detail. Creative flair is critical aspect of theposition, as well as ability to work alongside event planners, event managers,setup crews and everyone in between. Must know and keep up with design and fashion trends. Must become familiar with and utilize existing WCEP inventory for designs. Must be flexible and capable of creating event designs of all types from elegant to playful and in working with different elements including:
· Ceiling treatments
· Entertainment, Signage, and Food
· Design software
Combination of many skills such as window & set dressing, fashion design, merchandising& styling, interior design & décor/color management will help set lead candidate apart from other applicants. Proficiency in standard business software& technology (Point of Rental, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.),along with good typing speed/skills are a prerequisite. Ability to prospectand find new business for WCEP working closely with all other staff members insales, operations and all other departments to find and support new clientdevelopment and repeat business. This position requires an energetic and outgoing personality to establish the overall tone and positive first impressions for WCEP.
Other Essential Functions,Responsibilities & Requirements.
· Strong communication skills and ability to interact well with a wide variety of people is a necessity.
· Ability to find business opportunities by identifying, researching and analyzing prospects and developing or utilizing sales tools to open doors and call upon prospects for their business;
· Ability to gain customers by referral through developed relationships with prospective clients, as well as established business accounts;
· Ability to maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance to meet their needs;
· Ability to research and recommend new ideas which will drive business opportunities;
· Ability toidentify product improvement needs or new product opportunities by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor practices;
· Ability to create focused, detailed contracts with attention to client needs, venue specifics, and delivery timelines;
· Ability toachieve personal sales goals and forecast sales based on past performance, market conditions/trends, current business on the books and new business opportunities;
· Tenacity towards ensuring the success of events personally sold and all aspects of customer satisfaction related to those events;
· Ability to generate and present proposals;
· Must collect on all accounts receivable for personal events sold;
· Ability to work without direct supervision, be flexible, open-minded, organized and able to handle difficult situations, should they arise, operating in a fast-paced environment.
Education. Four College degree preferred. Must have experience with Computer Design software and have experience or aptitude to learn basic CAD design programs such as PartyCAD event design software.Also, desirable to have a good knowledge in event planning and be able to combine this skill with event design.