Event Project Manager > Portland, OR Location
DESCRIPTION: The Event Project Manager (EPM) will hire, train, and develop the event leads, manage all onsite event staff, manage the paperwork and flow, lead production meetings, and create time and action plans based on calculated labor needs to ensure the efficient setup of a variety of events with SAFETY being the top priority. A successful EPM will not only understand our business, but will work aggressively to improve our bottom line by making financial decisions regarding payroll, vehicle, and material handing expenses to build efficiencies, teamwork, and quality. Additionally, the EPM is responsible for ensuring outstanding onsite customer service is provided to WCEP clients.
FTE AND CLASSICATION: This is a full-time, exempt position that directs and supervises non-exempt personnel.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: This position is directly supervised by the Production Manager and also receives work assignments from the Creative Director, Director of Operations, and Company President. This position directs and supervises field, technical and decor personnel and is responsible for hiring and firing lead field personnel
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
This position works collaboratively with sales personnel, customers, and operations to ensure the effective delivery of events.
· Promote and practice Safety in all aspects of event delivery and setup
· Establish, monitor, and enforce timelines for field crews
· Lead the efficient setup of events with specific attention to safety, labor efficiency and quality
· Evaluate and assist in scheduling coverage for assigned events
· Provider leadership to event setup crews, including technical services, décor, and field operations staff – the EPM is the designated authority on any jobsite.
· Hire, manage, develop and train Event Leads in: Safety, Effective crew and time management, Setting and enforcing timelines, Customer service – including introductions and final walkthrough procedures, Material handling, Lift certification, Company software.
· Promote cross training and development of all operations staff to build efficiency and team atmosphere.
· Arrange, coordinate and lead production meetings
· Create and enforce time and action plans with crew assignments
· Suggest ideas, themes or other creative possibilities to ensure appropriate use of resources
· Suggest and resource new inventory and equipment based on client need, price, delivery, and stock levels
· Effective communication with customers and will serve as a role model in providing world class customer service
· Ensures event paperwork is complete, accurate and timely
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: of the organization and structure of the Company; possess technical familiarity with the events industry in terms of equipment, techniques, supplies, event management, and event sales; of safety practices and hazard identification.
Skills: event production; effective/efficient time management; customer communications techniques; solid computer skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
-Keen interest and commitment to continuous improvement
-Ability to lead – confidence, preparedness, diligence, and energy.
-Proficiency in, or ability to learn, Point of Rental
-Proficiency in, or ability to learn, PartyCAD and/or other CAD software
-Proficiency in standard business software & technology (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
-Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
-Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
-Ability to operate quickly and independently
-Highly developed organizational and delegation skills
-Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
-High attention to detail
-Deep commitment to customer service and quality
-Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
-Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
-Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
-Communication of duties and responsibilities to staff members
-Professional and frugal management of company resources
-Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
EDUCATION AND TRAINING GUIDELINES:
Education: Four Year degree with emphasis in project management, or related field recommended, but not required.