Event Sales Assistant - Portland, OR Location
Join our team!
West Coast Event Productions is the premier event planning, design and rental company servicing the Pacific Northwest. We are an inspired team of designers and event service technicians committed to developing innovative solutions for special events.
We have a full-time, entry-level position available for an Event Sales Assistant. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who wants to be part of a team while developing their own leadership skills. The event sales assistant’s primary objective is to assist the Event Sales Executive with tasks such as developing and maintaining business relationships, developing correct and effective event proposals and quotes for current and prospective customers, and assisting in expanding our client base.
The Event Sales Assistant should be outgoing and self-driven and have a strong attention to detail. They should be comfortable engaging customers in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Delivering innovative, memorable experiences to our clients
- Brainstorming and communicating with internal staff to execute and exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Working with the Event Sales Manager to ensure that all potential clients are provided with the correct and adequate information when inquiring about an event.
- Understand the site goals and CAD designs to optimize event flow.
- Meet or exceed sales goals monthly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals and quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop
- Experience in utilizing all social media forms and blog posting.
- Strong creative and innovative skills.
- Demonstrate Flexibility – an ability to work well in an environment where priorities are subject to frequent revision.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, with strong interpersonal skills
- Close contracts and process payments
- Follow up with existing and upcoming customers by phone and email.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a teamwork mentality to ensure each event operates smoothly to clients satisfaction.
- Qualified candidates will be capable of thinking strategically, planning proactively, and executing proficiently.
Job Type: Full Time and non-exempt