Sales Consultant Assistant - Portland, OR Location
West Coast Event Productions is the premier event planning, design, and rental company servicing the Pacific Northwest. We are an inspired team of designers and technicians committed to developing innovative solutions for special events.
We are seeking a Sales Consultant Assistant to join our team. Background in administration and/or customer service is a prerequisite. Position reports directly to VP / Creative Director and provides outstanding potential for growth and advancement.
- Provide assistance with inside & outside sales
- Meet with clients to determine needs, collect information on prospective events and develop quotes and contracts related to event bookings
- Process quotes/rental orders in Company’s inventory and rental management system
- Assist with event design and implementation
- Contact clients to collect deposits and balances due for jobs
- Create and update site plans
- Handle client Will Call orders
- Respond to sales inquiries and provide information
The ideal candidate will have an energetic and outgoing personality to establish positive first impressions and maintain an upbeat tone in communicating with clients for our organization. He or she will have strong communication skills and will be able to interact well with a wide variety of people. This person should be able to work without direct supervision, be flexible, open-minded, extremely organized and have a keen interest in the event industry. The ability to handle difficult situations, should they arise, and operate in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Interest and commitment to continuous improvement
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate quickly and independently, be a self-starter
- Proficiently in typing and use of standard business software & technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Good instincts: ability to make good decisions and follow through
- Deep commitment to customer service and quality
- Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to teamwork and collaborative solutions
- Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
- Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
- 2 years of experience in administrative work and events preferred